As I finally recover from Digital Overload and all the travelling around it, I would like to take some time to talk about how great it was.
First, you have to understand that I don’t even consider myself a gamer and have never attended any kind of LAN party. In short, I didn’t know what to expect and to be honnest, I was a little scared. The internet is full of horror stories regarding these things and it creped me out.
But boy, was I wrong. Digital Overload was a complete success and a total blast. Well organized, extremely well planned and so much fun, you can make sure I’ll be there again in 2007, newborn or not.
Here are my list of thanks for DO 2006:
– Thanks to Ryan and Randy of Blind Ferret for putting together such a great event. I know you guys gave it all you had and frankly, everything you did simply blew me away. I can’t even think how good 2007 will be, considered the extra time you’ll have to do more planning. I hope you’ll be able to fit more of that “sleep” thing into your schedule next year though.
– Thanks to Ni! for being such good guys and for putting up with me and my little webserver. Nimby, Wayne, Pug and all the others, you really know your stuff and it showed. You are by far the best networking team I worked with and I can’t wait to do it again. I’ll bring the rum this time.
– Thanks to Tim for the new video card and for inviting me to Digital Overload. I’ll kick your sorry ass at Starcraft any day.
– Thanks to Brittany and Briana for the wonderful gift. It meant a lot to me and my wife.
– Thanks to Mookie for introducing me to Guitar Hero. When you come over this year, I’ll be trained and we’ll be able to actually jam together ;).
– Thanks to Louis for the Warcraft III schooling. You got my email, make sure you get in touch with me. I would like to beat you at least once before 2016 when computers will have taken the world and won’t allow us to use them for entertainment anymore.
– Thanks to Scott for the photoshop class. Now, I know you can actually do things with that software other than printing existing files.
Finally, thanks to all the CAD fans I had a chance to meet and play with. I said it before and I’ll say it again, CAD fans are the best people out there. See you again in 2007!