Le sigh

September 6, 2004 by Tim

Well, I have some good news and some bad news. Good news and bad news for me, it really doesn’t affect any of you at all. However, I have a policy of keeping you guys ‘in the know’, so here’s what’s going on.

It looks like I can’t take my vacation (that’s the bad news).

I just signed a lease on a new apartment (that’s the good news. Goodbye Virginia!). What this means is that I now have access to the new apartment starting October 1st. So I have to be moving into this new apartment in the first week of October.

Why do I have to move in by then, you ask? Because mid-October I have Ubercon followed very shortly afterwards by Nekocon at the beginning of November. Conventions take a good deal of preparation, and they can also be very tiring. I do NOT want to be moving during conventions.

Why not wait until after the conventions to move? Because I want to get this move over and done with, and I’m anxious to get out of here.

Now, I had promised that I would put the book back up for sale after my vacation. If I were to do that after my week vacation, I would only have two weeks to accept orders for the book and ship them, before I moved, and moving throws everything out of balance. I don’t want to be moving while I have orders to ship.

So why not just wait until after the move to put the book back up for sale? Because, I need to get as many of these books sold as possible before I move, because they are heavy, and they take up a lot of space, and I don’t want to deal with moving all of them, on top of my other stuff.

The only solution I’ve been able to come up with is to put the book back up for sale this week, take orders for a few days, and then shut them back down again. That way I have some time before I move to get the books shipped, AND I’ve cut down on the amount of boxes I need to transport.

In order to do that, plus maintain the comic update schedule, plus start packing all of my stuff, plus accomplish the many other projects I have due this month, I have to be working every minute I have available to me. Which means giving up my vacation and working instead.

The next chance I’ll get for a vacation is probably around christmas time, or after new year’s. I may still try to take at least one day off when Fable comes out, but I’m not sure if I can even afford that.

By Wednesday I’ll have decided for sure what my plan is for a course of action. So if you’re waiting on the chance to buy a book, keep your eyes on this front page.

Notify of

Inline Feedbacks
View all comments